NEW CONVERTS CLASS LESSON #1
BEGINNING YOUR NEW LIFE
This series consists of eight lessons designed to biblically guide the new believer to living the life that would be pleasing to the Lord. These lessons will show that God has given the new Christian specific instructions as to how to live the very best life possible. As a new believer why not make a commitment to the Lord right now to complete each of these lessons thereby making yourself a student of God's word and a child of God committed to living for Christ.
YOUR SALVATION EXPERIENCE
BEING "BORN AGAIN"
BEING INDWELL BY THE HOLY SPIRIT
THE CHURCH IS BEGUN
NOW YOU ARE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND THE BIBLE AND SPIRITUAL THINGS OF GOD
1 Corinthians 2:12-14
1 Corinthians 6:19
THE OLD NATURE
THE HOLY SPIRIT AT WORK IN OUR LIVES
1 Corinthians 10:13).
HAVING A BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF SALVATION
A REVIEW OF THE THINGS WE KNOW ABOUT SALVATION
1. A person must realize he is a sinner.
2. A person must realize without salvation he will go to hell.
3. A person must believe that Jesus died for them and rose again.
I Corinthians 15:3-4
4. A person must confess Christ as Lord & Savior and receive Him into their hearts.
Romans 10:9 & 13
YOUR ASSURANCE OF SALVATION
THERE MIGHT BE SOMETHINGS THAT WILL CAUSE YOU TO DOUBT
1. Always thinking about your past life can cause doubt. God has forgiven all your sins and has forgotten them. He also wants you to forget them. Forget the past! It is all under the atoning blood of Christ (Isa. l:18: Psalm 103:12).
2. Wondering if God really received you causes doubts. When you come to the Lord with a desire to be saved and asked Him to save you, you can be sure He did, because God,
who cannot lie, has promised to. Just take Him at His word. John 6|37 says, "....him that cometh, to me I will in no wise cast out."
3. Basing your salvation upon feelings or emotion causes doubts.
Don't' forget - feelings change - but the Bible which is God eternal word never does. Read:
Ephesians 2:8 and Romans 5:l -- FAITH - Assures - NOT feelings.
4. Trust God: Live as He commands - you will have assurance.
a. 1 John 2:3. Do you really want to obey.
b. Rom. 7:15-25. A War is going on.
I received the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal Savior on _________________ (date, at __________________________(location). Person/s who helped lead me to Christ were ______________________________________________________(names).
Write out Ephesians 2:8-9
Now memorize it for the next class.
1. Romans 3:23 tells me that all people are __________________________.
2. Romans 10:9 tells me I must confess _______________________________.
3. I know I am saved because __________________________________________.
4. John 10:28 tells me God has given to me ____________________________.
5. Name one thing that might cause you to doubt.____________________________________________________________________________________________
6. Can you overcome all sin in your life?_______ What verse teaches this? ____________.
7. When did the church begin?____________________.(verse, day or place)
8. What is the Holy Spirit living within us called?____________________.
9. Can lost people live for the Lord?______________ Why?______________________________________________________.
10. Write down a good verse that teaches assurance of salvation?__________________.
WRITE DOWN ANY QUESTIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE FOR THE NEXT CLASS!
Need a bible to help with this class Click on link here